ESRI ArcGIS Online Organization
The Geography Department is the administrator for the SDSU ArcGIS Online (AGOL) Organization Leave geography site. ArcGIS Online is a cloud Geographic Information System/Cartography solution Leave geography site.
With an ArcGIS Online organizational account:
- Members gain access to cloud-based spatial analysis and mapping software
- Members are able to upload their own data including spatial datasets and spreadsheets, and use additional online data in their analysis
- Members are able to share their analysis results, maps, and presentations with their colleagues, organization, or the general public
- Members have access to free on-line training materials to learn and expand their skills in spatial analysis and map-making
- Members have access to their account for as long as they are associated with the university, and can transfer their content to a personal account when they leave
How to Obtain an Account and Log into ArcGIS Online
All current faculty, staff, and students are eligible for an account. Logging into the Organization for the first time using SDSU ID will create an account.
- Go to https://sdsugeo.maps.arcgis.com Leave geography site
- Click the “Sign In” dropdown in the upper right
- Select the blue “San Diego State University” button - this takes you to the SDSU ID login window
- Sign in using your SDSU ID username and password
- You’ll be returned to the SDSU AGOL Organization and your account will be active
- Go to https://arcgis.com Leave geography site
- Click the “Sign In” button
- On the right side, click the “ENTERPRISE LOGIN” button at the bottom of the Sign In box
- Enter “sdsugeo” in the space provided and click continue
- Continue from #3 above
ArcGIS Online Organization Benefits
Always use the “ENTERPRISE LOGIN” button when logging into any ESRI site which has a login:
The SDSU ArcGIS Online Organization account allows users to access ESRI Training for various software stacks, spatial concepts, and presentational material.
All users are able to browse the training catalog and sign up for any FREE training they wish, including web courses, seminars, MOOCs, Learning Plans, etc. Instructor-led training is not included unless the user wishes to pay the cost themselves. Web courses provide a completion certificate upon completion.
Training is available at: https://www.esri.com/training Leave geography site
ESRI Story Maps
Story Maps are presentation applications that easily allow users to combine web maps, images, multimedia, and text to communicate information to a variety of different groups. Story Maps leverage ArcGIS Online when embedding dynamic maps and content, and when sharing your Story Maps to collaborative groups and the general public.
You can expand your knowledge on creating Story Maps by signing up for free web courses, seminars, and other learning material through ESRI Training
To learn more about Story Maps, go to https://storymaps.arcgis.com Leave geography site