The Department of Geography at SDSU contains a wide variety of office, research and instructional facilities. It is well equipped with hardware and software for image processing, geographic information systems, and spatial analysis.
Research and instructional facilities provided by the Department of Geography include an excellent map library; the Stephen and Mary Birch Center for Earth Systems Analysis Research (CESAR), a state-of-the-art image processing/GIS center; laboratories for physical geography, GIS and cartography, meteorology, and remote sensing; and equipment for field studies.
- Center for Earth Systems Analysis Research
- Center for Interdisciplinary Studies of Youth and Space
- International Population Center
- Center for Human Dynamics in the Mobile Age
- Center for Information Convergence and Strategy