ESRI ArcGIS Online Organization
The Geography Department is the administrator for the SDSU ArcGIS Online (AGOL) Organization Leave geography site. ArcGIS Online is a cloud Geographic Information System/Cartography solution Leave geography site.
With an ArcGIS Online organizational account:
- Members gain access to cloud-based spatial analysis and mapping software
- Members are able to upload their own data including spatial datasets and spreadsheets, and use additional online data in their analysis
- Members are able to share their analysis results, maps, and presentations with their colleagues, organization, or the general public
- Members have access to free on-line training materials to learn and expand their skills in spatial analysis and map-making
- Members have access to their account for as long as they are associated with the university, and can transfer their content to a personal account when they leave
How to Obtain an Account
All current faculty, staff, and students are eligible for an account. Logging into the Organization for the first time using SDSU ID will create an account.
- Go to https://sdsugeo.maps.arcgis.com Leave geography site
- Click the “Sign In” dropdown in the upper right
- Select the blue “San Diego State University” button - this takes you to the SDSU ID login window
- Sign in using your SDSU ID username and password
- You’ll be returned to the SDSU AGOL Organization and your account will be active
- Go to https://arcgis.com Leave geography site
- Click the “Sign In” button
- On the right side, click the “ENTERPRISE LOGIN” button at the bottom of the Sign In box
- Enter “sdsugeo” in the space provided and click continue
- Continue from #3 above
Always use the “ENTERPRISE LOGIN” button when logging into any ESRI site which has a login:
- ArcGIS Online Leave geography site
- ESRI Story Maps Leave geography site
- ESRI Training Site Leave geography site
Software Licenses and Downloads
The Department is also the point of contact for most geo-spatial software on campus. This includes the ESRI ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox, etc.) and ArcGIS Pro GIS suite.
For ArcGIS Desktop, faculty and staff can receive either concurrent (lab installs) or single use licenses for their office workstations or laptops. These licenses are yearly and should be renewed before October 31, each year. Single use licenses are renewed by request only.
Students are eligible for one-year student licenses to install Desktop on their home machines. The use of the software is for educational purposes only.
For ArcGIS Pro, licenses are tied to membership in the SDSU ArcGIS Online Organization. As long as faculty, staff, or students are members of the organization, ArcGIS Pro is licensed wherever it is installed.
To request licenses for ArcGIS Desktop, please contact Harry Johnson Send email. Please send the request from, or include, an SDSU ID email account (@sdsu.edu). Licenses can only be sent to campus emails.