People : Faculty
Dr. George Christakos
Birch Distinguished Professor of Geography
Department of Geography
San Diego State University
San Diego, CA 92182-4493
Office: Geography Annex 121
Phone: (619) 594-8285
PhD, Harvard University, USA, 1990
DSc, National Technical University of Athens, Greece, 1986
MS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1982
MSc, University of Birmingham, UK, 1980
Diploma, National Technical University of Athens, Greece, 1979
- Probabilistic Reasoning for Uncertain Systems
- Introductory Geostatistics
- Spatiotemporal Modelling Issues
- Spatiotemporal modeling of natural systems in uncertain environments
- Medical geography and geographical epidemiology
- Environmental health and human exposure analysis
- Modern geostatistics and space-time statistics
- Stochastic theory, probabilistic logic and risk assessment
- Interdisciplinary Knowledge Synthesis and Temporal GIS
- Fluid mechanics
- Environmental pollution monitoring and control
- A modelling framework of human exposure analysis and risk assessment NIEHS.
- Agriculture Arid Coastal Regions Fred J. Hansen Institute for World Peace.
- Health Effects of Air Pollution on Lupus (HEAPL) NIEHS Pilot Project Program.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.