People : Faculty
Dr. Li An
Professor of Geography
Department of Geography
San Diego State University
San Diego, CA 92182-4493
Office: Storm Hall 308B
Phone: (619) 594-5932
Ph.D. (Systems Modeling), Michigan State University, 2003
M.S. (Probability and Statistics), Michigan State University, 2002
M.S. (Systems Ecology), Chinese Academy of Sciences, 1992
B.S. (Economic Geography), Beijing University, 1989
- Quantitative Methods in Geographic Research
- Spatial Data Analysis
- Landscape Modeling and Simulation
- Landscape Ecology
- GIScience (e.g., GeoComputation and Spatial Analysis) and its link with landscape ecology
- Complexity theory and its applications in human-environment interactions
- Landscape ecology: concepts, methods, and applications in environmental and natural resource conservation and policy-making
- Methodology of quantitative modeling in land-use/cover, wildlife habitat, and biodiversity dynamics
- Population, development, and their environmental effects in relation to human health, natural disaster, and biodiversity dynamics, especially in developing countries
- SDSU UGP Grant: Sampling at What Scales? A Computational Simulation Approach, PI.
- NSF PIRE Collaborative Research and Training in Social Context, Population Processes, and Environmental Change, Co-PI.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.